I am a freelance technical writer & editor specializing in medicine, natural sciences, business, and regulation/policy. I’ve been helping people to understand complex information for 20 years. I’m always excited to learn new things, and I can help you distill your expert knowledge into an effective message for your target audience.
Need help with a documentation or editing project, or just have a question? Contact me here.
I have 6 years’ experience as an accountant in the Higher Education field, and I am a licensed veterinarian with 8 years experience, including clinical practice, biomedical research, and regulatory medicine. I have made quality technical communication an integral part of just about every position I have held.
I have written, edited, and consulted on a variety of projects including:
- Pet care articles for veterinary client newsletters
- Client education handouts to improve treatment compliance (epilepsy, hyperthyroidism)
- Flow sheets guiding decision making in herd health investigations
- Documentation interpreting sections of the Code of Federal Regulations for field staff
- Fact sheets explaining layers of federal, state, and local regulations to 4H members
- PowerPoint slide sets addressing livestock owners’ concerns about disease eradication program
- data collection and reporting instruments, using Microsoft Excel
- FAQ pages explaining changes in financial aid disbursement to college students
- SOPs defining restrictions outlined in Ohio Revised Code with respect to state level sponsorship programs for textbooks and materials
Bachelor of Science, Accounting
Franklin University, 2009
Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
The Ohio State University, 1998
Member, Ohio Veterinary Medical Association
Member, National Association of Independent Writers & Editors